CHAI3DCHAI3D

normal Custom device with admittance control

More
02 Mar 2017 16:49 #1

Hello,

I would use a custom device with an admittance control scheme. It's seem that CHAI3D use an impedence control scheme.

Is there any project who already did this before and solve inverse solutions ?

I am looking specifically for methods computeForce (to computePosition) for Haptics Effects class and setForceAndTorqueAndGripperForce (to setPosition) for cMyCustomDevice class.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2017 17:31 #2

If your device uses admittance control, I believe that your have a force sensor mounted at the end-effector?

If you do have a force sensor, the best is to create a control loop that reads the desired force from the application (CHAI3D) and compares it with the current force measured by the force sensor. A position command is then sent to the admitance haptic device accordingly. Such approaches have been used in the past on devices such as the Haptic Master from Moog FCS.

More
25 Jul 2017 14:06 #3

Thanks you for answer!

I get one more question to the creation of new devices. You indicate in tutorial to use the CMyCustomDevice class. If I want to create a new device class inspired by CMyCustomDevice I necessary need to modify :

chai3d.h to include the new device class
CGenericHapticDevice.h to add device name in the enum
CGlobal.h to define in witch configuration my device is available (Windows, Mac or Linux)
CHapticDeviceHandler.cpp to add a search device routine

Those modification work for me but is there an other way to add new devices without all of this modification ?